Look Ma…no eggs!
Chicken Wings are always a fan favorite you can dress up any which way you like. This delicious recipe for crunchy oven baked chicken wings is easy peasy and absolutely doesn’t use oil or eggs to coat the batter. Its chock full of flavour, thanks to the infusion of herbs we use, give it a try and let us know in the comments below how you like it.
1 lb Chicken Wings (translates to roughly 8-10 pcs)
1 cup crushed Corn Flakes, we used good old fashioned Kellogs
¼ tsp Salt
¼ tsp Black Pepper
½ tsp Dried Thyme leaves
½ tsp Dried Oregano
½ tsp Dried Basil
2 cloves Minced Garlic
- Preheat oven to 350℉
- Rinse chicken wings in lime water and drain, then pat dry
- Mince garlic as finely as possible then mix with dried herb leaves, alternatively you can use garlic salt, however compensate by reducing the raw salt to
- Season wings with herb and garlic rub, salt and black pepper, then set aside
- Crush corn flakes, making it as small as possible, alternatively you can use pre-crushed corn flakes, but if you already have the stuff in the cabinet, why spend extra. We use a cup full of the flakes in a ziploc bag and handy dandy rolling pin to get going.
- In a separate container pour dijon mustard and add wings, coating liberally
- Individually place wings in ziploc bag to get the most coverage possible
- Place chicken wings in shallow and lined baking tin, remember no grease necessary
- Bake for 30 minutes, 45 if you like your wings extra crispy
All done, please eat, post a pic tagging @IrieThyme and Enjoy!
Remember to hit that subscribe button below, to get our latest recipes soon as they’re posted